Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Memory Lane

I was at the Crown Court the other day, and a Sergeant was in the box giving evidence for some time. He was in Number Ones; crisp shirt, tie, pressed uniform, gleaming shoes, in deference to appearing before Hizonner (I don't kid myself it was anything to do with me and my JP colleague).

Down at the rough end of the trade magistrates usually see officers in full street kit, with cuffs and gas and asp and anti-stab and radio. They are supposed to wear the gear because security is so light in courts these days that a few waiting coppers in the lobby can come in handy if somebody kicks off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.