Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rethink Needed

Some commenters think that I have an agenda to criticise the Magistrates' Association. Not so - I have been a member since the 1980s. It is,however, fair to say that I have not been very active, but that is due not to a lack of interest; rather to simple logistics. The western bit of London falls into the Middlesex Branch of the MA, despite the fact that Middlesex disappeared as an administrative entity in about 1964. The Branch meets, for the most part, in Bloomsbury, which is a mighty hike from where I live. I have just had my invitation to a 650th anniversary dinner at a super Central London location, but at £50 a ticket, plus travel and extras it's heading for a £200 night out - too much for this NEET.

My bench has had little to do with the MA since I joined, but until the branch structure is sorted out it is likely to stay that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.