Monday, September 11, 2006

Going to Pot Again

Steve has kindly sent me this link. I have blogged before about cannabis, and I shall be interested to see how the debate turns out. A good friend of mine will be a delegate at the conference, so I might ring him up for a bit of quiet lobbying.

For what it's worth, I am as concerned as the next man about the prevalence of high strength cannabis, especially now that we are becoming aware of possible links to psychotic damage from the drug, but this proposal seems unlikely to help. The use of cannabis is endemic among many young and quite a few not-so-young people and in most cases detection is unlikely. To fiddle around with classification will deter no-one, and the gesture value will also be nil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.