Friday, February 24, 2006

The Magistrate's Blog

I have changed the name at the top of the blog from 'The Law West of Ealing Broadway' to the 'Magistrate's Blog'. The URL, the author and everything else is unchanged.

I have done this because I have heard on the grapevine that some of my colleagues who sit at Ealing court (with which I have no connection) have been offended by being suspected of being, well, me. Unfortunately the joke implicit in the name went over the heads of a few, and I can't carry on putting in health warnings about it.

I have no wish to offend anybody** so I have altered the header, but left everything else unchanged.

**Excluding the following groups that I wish to offend as often as possible:- The Crown Prosecution Service, Her Majesty's Courts' Service (especially senior managers) each and every Minister of the Crown who deals with law and order legislation, all tabloid journalists (and especially editors) and policemen who want to combine my job with theirs (thus avoiding the inconvenience and uncertainty of a trial in which the defendant might just be found not guilty).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.