Saturday, April 30, 2005

More About Crime Figures

A number of people have inferred that my piece about crime statistics was an attempt to minimise the problem. Not so. My point was simply that there are so many variables that all figures and the conclusions drawn from them must be treated with great caution.

Another thought:- What would the homicide figures look like without the great improvements that have taken place in trauma care? Once a victim reaches a hospital his chance of survival is a lot better than it would have been a generation ago. The same question could be asked about the figures for road deaths. Not simple, is it?

I am grateful to the indispensible Chase me ladies, I'm in the cavalry for this links Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.