Thursday, May 22, 2008

But Look, Amazement On Thy Mother Sits

Not on me it didn't when I read this. Everyone who works in the courts is wearily familiar with CPS cock-ups. Only this week a defence lawyer complained that he had not received the required disclosure despite three separate letters, and had been handed a bundle of papers an inch-and-a-half thick that morning at 9.45.
CPS inefficiency is a major cause of injustice, usually meaning that the guilty get away with it. They have said sorry, though.

(Off-topic, I picked up the thread title when I watched Hamlet on telly the other night. The line always reminds me of a piece by the great Bernard Levin who waggishly advanced the theory that there is a dog in Hamlet, called 'Amazement' - hence the line above).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.