Sunday, July 17, 2011

Empathy Time

I have previously expressed reservations about the views of Inspector Gadget, and, being of a tolerant and understanding nature, I nevertheless empathise with the frustrations felt on the front line of policing, as found in the dark hours on the kind of rough estate that exists on my patch.

I do, however, take exception to his persistent misquoting of me when he claims that I described him or his troops as 'below stairs'. I can't find it on Google or Blogger, but no matter.

Where I do empathise with Gadget and his subordinates and colleagues is when I read about the allegations concerning the most senior officers in the land, who may (subject to judicial findings) have lived the high life at public expense, or at the expense of some very shady characters.

Front line coppers, as they buckle on their protective kit, are entitled to wonder just what is going on in the shiny offices of their masters. They may soon find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.