Thursday, October 01, 2009

Welcome To The New Kid On The Judicial Block

Welcome to the newly sworn-in Justices of the Supreme Court, pinnacle of the courts' system, from a humble practitioner in the down-and dirty end of the judiciary. There are to be 12 Supreme Court Justices, each paid something north of £200,000 a year, in contrast to the 29.000-odd Justices of the Peace who don't get paid at all.
The new Justices have today taken the very same oath that my colleagues and I have taken. Good luck to them all, and I hope they have as much fun as I do. I bet they get nice biscuits.

This
just rubs it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.