Monday, March 23, 2009

A Bit of Inside Track

I was chatting to a couple of senior-ish HMCS people the other day (no names, no P45s) and I asked for an unofficial steer as to how the London spending review was going. After a conspiratorial glance round the room, they told me that the 'hold' button has been discreetly pressed, given the approach of a General Election and the desperate need to avoid upsetting the punters. So I look forward to a few helpings of fudge, then a bit of 'consultation' (that will be ignored) then who knows what. With a bit of luck, that will take me at least halfway to my retirement from the Bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.