Sunday, June 03, 2007

Innovations Catalogue

It is now an offence to trespass in Windsor Castle and Downing Street. Six months, it's worth. It's nonsense of course, but typical of the current craze for making laws that are mere gestures. Still, none of these places are on my turf, so why should I even bother to read about it?
And another thing - my Bench Chairman tells me that HM Courts' Service has no way at present to account separately for the victim surcharges that are being imposed, so they are setting aside a sum that they think is about right. So not only is not a penny going to victims, nobody can even be sure if it's the right amount of money going into the pot.
Lucky I'm not a cynic, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.