Wednesday, April 06, 2005

All in the Name of Art

I went to the excellent Turner Whistler and Monet exhibition at the Tate today. My mind is still boggling after my visit to the Gents. There is a notice screwed to the wall to the effect that an anonymous well-wisher has sponsored all of the paper used in that facility.

"er - I'd like to sponsor you a bit" "certainly sir, what do you fancy? Buy us a nice painting, build us a new extension, or perhaps you could sponsor the restaurant" No, I want to sponsor the toilet rolls"

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, those chaps at the Tate. Bog rolls it is.

No wonder the bloke was anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posts are pre-moderated. Please bear with us if this takes a little time, but the number of bores and obsessives was getting out of hand, as were the fake comments advertising rubbish.